Why do you listen to society? A question that plagues the mind, you see we are all divine. We all have something amazing to contribute to the world. But it is so difficult to find.
Today let’s touch on what is making society blind. You see it begins when you are born a beautiful little babe. Your parents dress you in Pink or Blue, but why should a color define you?
Haha.. it makes no sense, what a silly way to assume your interests. But the shaping does not stop here, and it began long ago. You see society is what everyone knows. Standardizations that have ruled the world for years and driven us in circles and circles, round and round.
What if there was something more profound? What if it was right inside of you, tugging at your unconscious mind, trying to pull you out of that circular rhythm in time to bring you into the pathless woods.
It’s QUOTE TIME! Yipeee.
How to Find Yourself, In Five Simple Steps
If you are tired of reading, memorizing, and trying to stuff your brain with everything that society tells you that you must contain, then here is what I suggest. I will give you this remedy in five simple steps.
Becoming A Warrior Goddess
1. Buy a Notebook, any notebook that speaks to you. Barnes and Noble’s has great notebooks, but so too does the Dollar Store! The pages can be lined, but personally, I enjoy a blank canvas. A sketch pad can be nice for this.
2. Wake up every morning and write three pages of anything, anything at all that crosses your mind. Spelling bears no correlation with intellect, making all the grammar mistakes you’d like. To me, grammar is just another construct.
Proud used to be spelled prowd; so BE PROWD. Your words have meaning and no one else in the world can write what you write from your unconscious flow of thought. How amazing is that fact?!
3. Question everything you learn. We know more about space then we do about our own planet’s ocean. In 1633 Galileo was condemned by the Catholic Church for coming up with the Copernican theory which simply puts the Sun and not the Earth at the center of the Solar System. It was not until 1992, 359 years later that the Catholic Church openly admitted to being wrong.
At the time of Galileo that Catholic church had so much power that they were society. In turn, they actually locked Galileo up for the rest of his life and made him denounce these scientific facts. So no matter how wild, crazy, and delusional your ideas might seem. Assure yourself they are not. Question everything before society holds you back another 359 years.
4. Listen to your heart, and YES, we do mean like a corny Cascada song “listen to your heart, when it’s calling for you, listen to your heart there’s nothing else you can do, I don’t know where you’re going and I don’t know why, but listen to your heart when it’s calling for you.”
Guard your heart, and your thoughts because other people will let you down and try to butcher them, or maybe even hold them back for 359 years due to their own self-centered ideas. “The sun can’t be the center of the universe,” thought the Catholic church, “the Earth is because it is our planet, and Jesus died for us.” But in all reality, there is a galaxy with a much larger plan at play. After all Earth from Pluto is but a speck of dust.
5. Create your own Clock. Time does not exist. Understand that time is another societal construct. Time exists differently for each and every person. Today you are aggravated and late, but if you had been early you would have died in a car crash.
The universe knows this, and it places you exactly where you are meant to be at all times. So worry not, and stop with all these frustrations that are surrounded by ticks and tocks. Create your own Clock.
Meaning the divine in me, recognized the divine in you.
Thanks for tuning in, I am writing this because
there was once a time where I wondered…
Did you know that I would like the color pink,
Or wish to dance like the ballerinas on my wall?
From the very beginning who knew society stood so tall?
I am drowning in a static sea
Trying to rise above these ideologies
They’ve internalized within, become
Some sort of truth
A product of society,
An attempt to steal my youth.
But I have become like a little child,
And each time society speaks “truths”
I sit back with a smile.